Lutton Farm has been growing raspberries for the last 20 years.
We grow around 20ha of Driscoll Maravilla
We grow this variety because it delivers the most in terms of flavour and performance.
Our raspberry season runs from early June to late November.
Raspberries are among the most popular berries grown all over the world.
According to researchers the raspberry is native of Asian Minor and North America. The first to note an appreciation for this fruit were the people of Troy.
Raspberries have a high concentration of antioxidants.
They are low in calories and do not have any fat, sodium or cholesterol.
Raspberries have an anti-inflammatory property that may help reduce inflammation of the joints and can help lower high blood pressure.
Here`s a list of interesting raspberry facts:
• Raspberries can be red, purple, gold or black in colour.
•There are over 200 species of raspberries in the world.
• Raspberry leaves have been used for centuries as a remedy for menstrual cramps and childbirth.
• One raspberry weighs 4g on average, and is made up of more than 100 drupelets
• It is proven that correctly frozen raspberries do not lose significant quantities of their important antioxidants,
• According to legend, raspberries were originally white. The nymph Ida pricked her finger while picking berries for the crying infant Jupiter, and raspberries have since been tinged red with her blood.